- More Info
- A Helpful Tip for Marketing Your Property
- BEAVA & MLS
- Buying a Home - A Guide to Getting Started with Buying your First Home
- Buying a Home with Good Resale Value
- Choosing a Property Management Service
- Choosing a Real Estate Company
- Determining Your Home's Worth
- Estimated Costs for Conveyance Transaction
- Holiday or Vacation Rental Service
- Moving to Barbados - Immigration Guide
- Multiple Listing Service
- Property Tax
- Purchasing Barbados Property Consideration Guide
- Things to Consider When Applying for a Mortgage
- Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Real Estate Agent
- What is MLS?
- Which Real Estate Market is Best?
- About Us
A Helpful Tip for Marketing Your Property
Whether or not you live in Barbados, if you are renting or selling your property, we believe that one of the best ways to market and advertise your property is with full color photographs.
- Only 10% of house purchasers can visualize a home's potential.
- Most home buyers cannot look past unattractive, disorganized or mismatched furnishings.
- People change their homes to improve their lifestyle. Your property needs to sell the idea of offering a better lifestyle than the one they already have.
- People prefer to buy property that does not create work for them.
- The longer a property is on the market, the lower the eventual selling price.
- Surveys have shown that properties that are ‘staged’ for sale, sell 75% faster, for an average of 10% more.
After many years of experience, we have found that there are a few minor things you can do to maximize your property’s visual appeal in print media and websites. Photographs tend to make rooms appear smaller. If a room contains lots of furniture and/or personal effects, the images can look cluttered instead of warm and homey. With this in mind, here are a few useful suggestions that will help us photograph and show your property to its absolute best advantage.
- Less is Best - removing excess furniture will help rooms appear larger.
- Putting away as many nic-nacs and personal effects as possible, leaving tables, sideboards and counters tidy and clear, can make rooms appear larger.
- Store all clothing items away in drawers and wardrobes.
- Have all those last minutes bits of washing-up put away so the kitchen counter-top is totally clear.
- Paint and/or repair any obvious areas requiring attention.
- Clean light switches and ceiling fan blades.Mow the lawns and trim garden shrubs.
Properties new to the market receive the most interest from potential buyers. Remember that when selling a home, to get a quick sale at or close to full asking price, the property needs to show in an appealing and enticing manner. Potential buyers need to be able to emotionally connect to the home. For use in websites and media print, photographs which make rooms look bigger and brighter encourages buyers to visit and view that property. Buyers who visit and view a property they believe will improve their lifestyle often buy it -- the stronger the connection, the more likely a good offer is on its way.
Staging can be a valuable tool! Let one of our professional and friendly staff work with you on how best to show your rental or sales property to maximize the interest it will receive and to improve your chances for a quick sale at a price that you desire. Call or visit Ron Karp Realty Ltd. today to discuss your Real Estate needs.