- More Info
- A Helpful Tip for Marketing Your Property
- BEAVA & MLS
- Buying a Home - A Guide to Getting Started with Buying your First Home
- Buying a Home with Good Resale Value
- Choosing a Property Management Service
- Choosing a Real Estate Company
- Determining Your Home's Worth
- Estimated Costs for Conveyance Transaction
- Holiday or Vacation Rental Service
- Moving to Barbados - Immigration Guide
- Multiple Listing Service
- Property Tax
- Purchasing Barbados Property Consideration Guide
- Things to Consider When Applying for a Mortgage
- Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Real Estate Agent
- What is MLS?
- Which Real Estate Market is Best?
- About Us
What is MLS?
What is MLS®? – The Multiple Listing Service® is best described as a co-operative marketing system to ensure maximum exposure of properties for sale. Fundamentally, it is a central registry of properties used by realtors to match buyers with properties for sale. MLS® is a sophisticated computer database of properties indexed by price, location, type of home, number of bedrooms, amenities and so forth. Most homes sold in the United States and Canada are sold via the MLS® systems operated by real estate associations across both countries.
The Advantages For Consumers – The major benefit of MLS® to consumers is that it allows the realtor to use his or her skills to full advantage.
The main obstacle for any seller is to find qualified, motivated buyers and the only way to overcome this is to match your home with the requirements of as many potential buyers as possible. The MLS® system cuts through the complexities, exposes your property to the people most likely to purchase it and makes sure you won’t waste your time showing your home to those who are not truly interested.